We typically think of 5-star luxury resorts when thinking of the highest-quality and the most luxurious accommodation, facilities, and services. However, most of them share similar features—such as several rooms with a few separate villas. They also feature common areas where guests can dine or share their time using facilities like the pool and sauna. Only a few 5-star luxury resorts are able to stand out and truly live up their title. Here are some of the things you need to look for when verifying their worthiness to be labeled, ‘5 star’ or ‘luxury’:
- Location – The best luxury resorts are those that are tucked away in a tranquil, gated, secure, and private area away from the bustling city center, but still accessible to many attractions in the surrounding vicinity. Likewise, they are within a short drive from the city.
- Complete privacy – There should be no other guest, group, or family in the resort during your stay. This way, you can truly say that the place is all yours, and you do not have to worry about sharing common areas with other guests.
- Designer spaces – Everything in the resort must be built to represent the highest standards in luxury and comfort, and designed with stylish interiors and outdoor areas. Some of the best 5-star luxury resorts have open-air pavilions, architecturally splendid villas, and romantic gardens to make you feel like you are in a relaxing paradise. Rooms and villas are spacious and have everything you will need for a great stay, too.
- Food that is tailored to your taste – Most luxury resorts serve food that is decided by the chef or the restaurant’s management, and you typically have to eat almost the same types of food every day. However, there are some who take time to determine your dietary requirements and the food you want to eat, while making sure you can have a taste of the local cuisine. They use the freshest, locally sourced ingredients, too.
- Good feedback, awards, and recognition – It can be difficult to verify the services and the quality of the 5-star luxury resort unless you look up testimonials or reviews about it. Hence, be sure to explore online reviews written by actual guests. Look for repeat stays, too. Consider a resort that has been awarded or recognized as the best hotels in the world or in the area you are planning to visit. Likewise, consider accommodation that has been featured in publications, like Architectural Digest.